Pinecone.init() removed

The error you’re encountering is because there is a call to pinecone.init() in your views.py file, which is attempting to initialize Pinecone with certain parameters. However, it seems that the init() method is no longer supported or available in the Pinecone package you are using.

here i am using trail version of pinecone. now it showing init function no longer supported so what method i can your for getting response

@aitest242 the 3.0 version of the Python SDK uses a new Pinecone object to handle connections. So rather than running init() you just instantiate the object:

pc = Pinecone(api_key=YOUR_API_KEY)
index = pc.Index(YOUR_INDEX_NAME)

Note that you also don’t need to provide the environment anymore, that’s handled for you based on your API key.

Thanks for reply, but i am using 3072 dimension vectors for my project so i think pinecone 3.0 version is not supporting 3072 dimension below is the error getting

Error during embedding generation: Error code: 400 - {‘error’: {‘message’: “‘$.input’ is invalid. Please check the API reference: https://platform.openai.com/docs/api-reference.”, ‘type’: ‘invalid_request_error’, ‘param’: None, ‘code’: None}}

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.