How can we change the environment in the index once created?

I have created an index whose environment is based on the GCP (west1-GCP), but now I would like to transfer it to AWS(east1-aws or any other suitable location) because when I am upserting the data in this GCP-based environment, I am getting an error(like below)
[ HTTP response body: {“code”:3,“message”:“metadata size is 10310 bytes, which exceeds the limit of 10240 bytes per vector”,“details”:} ]
And while I do the same on the other environment of AWS it works perfectly fine.
So is this possible to transfer to AWS, and if so, what would be the best approach to achieve this?

Hi @urvishp80 ,

Indexes are created in the environment that hosts their project, and there’s no way today to move an index from one project to another (it is on our roadmap, though). But the 10k limit you’re running up against isn’t related to either GCP or AWS; it’s the limit for metadata on vectors. We recently increased this limit to 40k, but that only applies to indexes created after the change. Your AWS index must have been created after the upgrade; that’s why you’re not seeing the error there.

You can create a collection from your GCP index and create a new index from the collection, this new one will have the increased metadata limits applied. Then just delete the old index.

I had the same problem today with the “us-central1-gcp” environment. Other environments are still working fine. Meanwhile, the index I just created is instant.