Filtering with ISO Date

Is there a recommended way to store dates? Would love to filter content based on recency (i.e. last two weeks). Right now I store everything with ISO 8601 date, but it doesn’t seem like Pinecone has the ability to compare dates. (Feature request?).

So for now, what format would you guys recommend if I wanted to store date metadata? I’m guessing the raw format of YYYYMMDDhhmmss so you can compare numerically?

Hi Nathan,
The epoch date format, also known as Unix time, is a way of representing dates and times as a single integer value, which is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1st, 1970, at 00:00:00 UTC.

The epoch date format is ideal for storing date and time information in a database because it is a standardized format that can be easily converted to and from other date and time formats. It is also compact, requiring only 4 bytes of storage per date/time value, which makes it more efficient than some other date and time formats that require more storage.

Despite being a simple integer value, the epoch date format can still be used for date math operations. For example, to add or subtract a certain number of days, hours, minutes, or seconds from a given epoch date value, you can simply perform arithmetic operations on the integer value.

In addition, with Pinecone, you can do date math using Metadata filtering

Great suggestion - thank you!