Error while Upserting vectors to Pinecone

Hello. I am using the free tier of Pinecone. When I try to add the new vector to the pinecone index. It gives this error. Before everything is worked fine, I don’t know why this error occurs today.

File "/Users/ahsan/.local/share/virtualenvs/jason_ai_chatbot-4MYrPLPO/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pinecone/core/client/rest.py", line 271, in POST
    return self.request("POST", url,
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/Users/ahsan/.local/share/virtualenvs/jason_ai_chatbot-4MYrPLPO/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pinecone/core/client/rest.py", line 228, in request
    raise ServiceException(http_resp=r)
pinecone.core.client.exceptions.ServiceException: (500)
Reason: Internal Server Error
HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'content-type': 'application/json', 'Content-Length': '150', 'x-pinecone-request-latency-ms': '40204', 'date': 'Wed, 03 Jan 2024 15:39:48 GMT', 'x-envoy-upstream-service-time': '71', 'server': 'envoy', 'Via': '1.1 google', 'Alt-Svc': 'h3=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000'})
HTTP response body: {"code":13,"message":"We were unable to process your request. If the problem persists, please contact us at https://support.pinecone.io","details":[]}

I’ve been getting the same message all morning. Some calls work, most don’t. I’m been trying to recreate my index and upload vectors but it errors out almost every time. Of course if you look on their “status” page it says everything is working perfectly!

They do have maintenance scheduled for later today but something is obviously very wrong right now. It shows the message is related to Google, so it could be Google’s cloud that’s having an issue. I have no idea.

Yesterday everything was working fine.

Yeah, I haven’t had any problems with it, really, and I’ve been using it daily. Today is the first time I’ve run into this. I’m wondering if they’ve started their maintenance ahead of schedule. It isn’t supposed to start for another three hours.

Hi @jasonaidev, thanks for your post.

We experienced a brief issue with operations failing in the gcp-starter environment that our engineering team has now resolved. The time displayed in the error message aligns with the duration of the incident.

You should now be able to connect and interact with your index as expected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.