Downloading A Collection as JSON

Is it possible to download a collection as JSON. Embeddings can get expensive and it would be nice to take the collection and save to file / s3 so that the index can be rebuilt from the collection later if needed.

2 Likes

Hi from Pinecone!
Collections are already a very cost-effective to store in Pinecone. It is $0.02/GB/Month. The only ‘hourly’ charges are for actively running indexes. Regarding the ability to export, we are working on many new features now to enable more robust import/export capabilities. Please stay tuned!

BTW, we have a newly revamped pricing that provides more clarity about how pricing works.

Thanks for the quick response!

That’s some cheap storage… Is there a road map on the export capabilities? It would be great to know that I can export the data if needed prior to moving to production.

We can always farm the data from requests logs prior to the data being ingested but… export would be nice.

@kbutler We need to export the collection as JSON too. We are migrating our current collection to another account and it is stopping us from continuing to use pinecone

Regrettably, we do not have a mechanism to export collections or move them across projects/regions/account.
One option may be reassigning the owner of the Pinecone Organization to transfer the project to the new owner, then remove yourself from the organization and it will create a new default organization. The the new owner can update the billing details. Would that work in your case?

I have built out a method to do this: Please try out the library Vector-io as explained in this example: Dhruv Anand on LinkedIn: Quick Migration to Pinecone Serverless I've been working on a library of…