Importing from source collection's environment is not currently supported

Hi,

I’m trying to migrate to serverless and I created a collection but when I try to create an index using my backup collection it throws this error message: "Index “questions-archive-rwoa-index” failed to create. Importing from source collection’s environment is not currently supported."

Please help because my service is disrupted

Hi @houssem.guemari, welcome to the Pinecone forums and thanks for your question!

I’m sorry to hear you’re encountering this. Unfortunately, Serverless indexes do not currently support creating collections, as documented here, and in order to create a new Serverless index from a collection, your collection must have been saved from a legacy free index, as documented here.

However, if your collection was saved from a legacy starter index then you CAN create a new serverless index from that collection, as documented here.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Zack

My collection is already saved from legacy starter index (azure) but when I try to create an index I’m getting this message:
“Index “questions-archive-rwoa-index” failed to create. Importing from source collection’s environment is not currently supported.”